Friday, April 25, 2008

Frugal Friday

This friday I will share a secret I have been using for some years. I use it to clean grapes, but I suppose it would work for other produce as well.

I start by getting out a very large bowl, pouring a large capful of white vinegar in, tossing in my grapes then filling the rest of the way with water. I then let it sit for about 10- 15 minutes, rinse well and enjoy!

This method is supposed to help loosen and get rid of the dirt and some chemical and pesticide buildup on produce. I cant guarantee anything, but I can tell you it makes my grapes feel and taste a lot cleaner than just rinsing!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I use peroxide on mine too. I just spray a little vinegar and then rinse. Then I spray a little peroxide, then rinse again. Works like a charm!

click for more quotes from the office

PlanningFamily

FamilyPlanning