Thursday, May 1, 2008

Just a brief rant about Walmart

I made the big mistake of doing my grocery shopping at Walmart today.  Recently I had my windshield replaced on my car and need to get new Naval Base stickers so I could not go to the commissary, so I thought Walmart, why not?  I was not aware that today was the 1st day of May(payday for the entire county) and everyone and their grandmother would be at Walmart.  Yikes. 
As I bobbed and weaved my way down the isles I was disappointed to find the Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner not marked down and still at the $20 price.  They also didn't have the Scotch Brite toilet scrubber.  I haven't been able to find that item anywhere!  AND, yes there's an and, the LiveActive cheese has gone up to $3.34!!!
The good deals I did find were the day old bread, always the best place to get french bread and whole wheat burger buns.  The Silk Soy milk was 2.98, not horrible with the coupon.  
Guess I'll stick to Albertsons sales and get those Base stickers back on my car.

Well I feel better, thank you for listening.

5 comments:

Lindy said...

I can relate to ranting about Walmart! Hope you feel better! :)

Lisa B. said...

I rant about wal-mart, but there's not much more to shop at in my small town!

By the way, I found the Scotch Birtie toilet scrubbers for $4.29 at Sutherlands. Not sure if they are in your area, but I went three times last week and got two at a time with absolutely no problems.

Candace said...

I am dissapointed every time I go to Walmart, so now I stay away even if there is a great deal. It's just not worth it to my psyche. I feel your pain.

valley view farm said...

Yes, what we will suffer through for a good deal!!!
Erin

Daphne said...

I haven't been able to find Scotch Brite toilet scrubbers at 2 of my closest Walmarts either. =(

click for more quotes from the office

PlanningFamily

FamilyPlanning