Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tofu 101

I love tofu.  I love it cooked, fried, sauteed, baked, in salads, as salads, blended, chopped and plain out of the box.  I know not everyone loves tofu as much as I do(what a shame!!) so I am going to share some of my simple recipes for traditional 'american' foods made with tofu.
Tofu is cheap and versatile.  Low in fat, high in protein and cholesterol free.  Keep tofu in the fridge, the pantry or even the freezer, if you get comfortable with tofu it can become just about anything.  My husband tried his first tofu with me and now loves many 
of the tofu dishes I create.

Today I will share Tofu Eggless Salad.  I whipped this up yesterday and threw it between bread for lunch.  
Tofu Eggless Salad

1 container of firm water packed tofu
some mayonnaise, to taste
a couple Tbs yellow mustard
dash of paprika
freshly ground black pepper

Drain water off of tofu, place in a bowl and crush up with a fork.  Add enough mayo to create the  consistency of your liking.  Add mustard, paprika and pepper, mix well.  Serve as you would any egg salad.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Never had it...will have to try it.

click for more quotes from the office

PlanningFamily

FamilyPlanning