Friday, August 1, 2008

Rummage Sale Goodies!

I got some really great clothes today at a local church rummage sale.  I love rummage sales.  When I arrived I was disappointed by the look of the sale; there were heaps of clothing and odds and ends all over the place.  Once I finally found the baby table I was rewarded with some really great finds.  And boy did I have to dig for them!  What did I get?  3 pants, 2 sets of jammies, 1 set overalls,  3 shirts, one sweater, one pair of boots and a toy.  Some of these items she wont fit into for a year or so, but stocking up on baby clothes is like stocking up when cereal goes on sale; its just plain smart!

The boots were my best find, they are OshKosh and look like they have been worn once, the tread looks untouched! They are size 7 and who knows when they will fit, luckily here in Washington she can wear them any season as we always have random cool days.  When I went to pay for them the sweet older lady charged me 25 cents for them, I protested and told her she was not charging me enough.  She sternly told me 'I charge .25 for all shoes'.  Okay, I'll take 'em.  I think that was the first time I have ever tried to pay more for an item!!

My grand total for all this was $5.25.  A morning very well spent!

2 comments:

CC said...

Just over $5! Sweet!

Niki Jolene said...

Great deals!

By the way, I tagged you over at my blog:

http://free2befrugal.blogspot.com/2008/08/holy-cow-ive-been-tagged-thrice.html

:)

click for more quotes from the office

PlanningFamily

FamilyPlanning