Wednesday, November 19, 2008

not a frugal buy.

I did it, I did it!!

I just paid full price for something I have really been wanting.  I actually think this is the most I have ever spent on a pair of shoes, ever. Yes, I am certain.

With the help of some birthday money (thank you Diana, see, I DID spend it on myself!!!) I was able to splurge on some boots I just love to death.  They are those 'trendy Uggs', but this style, the Knightsbridge, is just sooo much cuter than their original.  And they have made a name for themselves for comfort, and thats got me sold.  Plus, they are the cutest thing ever, did I mention that part?

Zappos said they should be here in 4-5 days.....  I dont think I can wait that long!


EDIT:  I just got these boots delivered to my door by the Fed Ex Home Delivery man.  I think they over-nighted them as I placed the order 8pm wednesday.  I didn't even pay for shipping!!  I just might remember Zappos for the next time I want to purchase some really nice shoes!

By the way, they are soooo comfortable and super cute!


(the moral of this story;  we work very hard to save our families tons of money.  treat yourself when you can, you deserve it!)

4 comments:

The Keevy Family said...

Good for you! I couldn't agree more!

valley view farm said...

Thanks!

(I didn't mean to boast, I was just so excited to order them! ..and I don't even own a cute pair of winter boots!)

Hollie @ Happy Couponing said...

Not trying to burst your bubble but I see that you are a vegetarian so I thought that you would like to know a little know fact about Uggs - the sheep skins that they are made of come from a dead sheep. The sheep is not killed only for Uggs but for the meat but none the less it is still killed. Pam Anderson (huge PETA supporter) didn't even know this and wore Uggs all the time but has since stopped. I am not a vegetarian and love my Uggs but just thought that you would like to know the info. Check PETA's site for more info.

valley view farm said...

Hollie- you are totally right. I am a hypocrite for purchasing leather. I do occasionally purchase animal made products even though I know it is not right.

With the money I spent on these Im sure I could have gotten a really cute pair of vegan boots. I just got caught up in the warm, comfortable reputation the Uggs name had created.

I realize that even one purchase affects an animals life, thank you for holding me accountable and helping me to see that just one, tiny, vanity based splurge still takes an innocent animals life.

Next time I plan to think twice, there are a lot of great non-leather brands that I would much rather support!

ps: if Pam Anderson didn't realize that her leather and sheepskin boots came from an animal then I must say she is a moron!!

click for more quotes from the office

PlanningFamily

FamilyPlanning